Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Back to Blogging

Well I've been away from doing any blogging  for quite some time. There have been some pretty major changes in my life: I got divorced, moved, my son turned 18...then 19 (how did that happen?), I met someone new, I got laid off after 13 years, worked as a temp, and finally found a permanent position, and I closed my business since it was a partnership with my ex and I needed to break free completly.

So what now? Well, I'm a Jr. Application Developer, on the Salesforce.com platform, working in the telecommunications industry. I love what I do, even if it is frustrating at times. I learn something new every day and am lucky to work with some wonderful people.

I have broken ties with my ex, and am working hard to heal the mental and emotional damage from our 18 years together. But I'm getting there. I find reason to smile most every day, usually having something to do with the new love in my life.

My son is 19, starting college, and looking for work. I'm helping him work out a plan for his future, encouraging him along his path, and enabling him to be independent and self-sufficient. My only wish for him is to be happy and healthy. He wants to get into programming too, so we can learn together! I love how well we get along, and that he finds it easy to talk to me. It's hard on a kid when they feel they can't talk to their parents, and hard on a parent who feels their kid doesn't tell them things. I work hard to make sure there is an open line of communication and that he knows he can tell me anything.

My really big news is that I'm buying a house! After 2 years or working hard to clean up my credit (my ex wasn't so good with managing money, and spent it faster than I could make it), I have qualified, been approved, found a place, and I close on my new home on Monday! This is a huge step for me, and a real turning point in my life. I finally feel like I've got it together, and can start to rebuild my future.

So my last up in the air thing is my new business venture. I have been digitizing machine embroidery designs for sone time now, and have finally decided to start selling. Both my designs, and doing a little custom digitizing work. But I don't want to let go of my crafting side. I love to crochet, enjoy knitting and sewing, currently have a request for some cosplay costuming work, am enjoying upcycling a lot, and want to get back into miniatures. I don't know if the miniatures will be something I sell, or just something I do for me though.

As I cross this bridge into a new life for myself, I realize I can do anything, be anyone, that the sky is the limit, and I am only held back by the limits of my imagination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment