Thursday, August 5, 2010

High School? Really?

Today I registered my baby boy for high school (don't tell him I called him that). I can't believe DB is 14 years old and about to be a freshman! To top it off, now that we are out of that horrible district, we're putting him back in public school. His dad and I got a chance to meet his counselor, the soccer and baseball coach (he's trying out for both), and get a look around the school.

We've got his new backpack ready to go. New shoes, new haircut, new clothes (well, some anyway), and it doesn't feel real. When did he grow up? And when did he get taller than me? It happens so fast. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and enjoy more of his growing up again. Ah, to re-live the first steps, his first words, that cute baby smile, his adorable baby giggle, and all the other things that make up for the late nights, teething, and diaper changes. Alas, it's a one time deal.

I'm very proud of the man he's growing up to be. If he focuses and puts his mind to it, he's got a big bright future ahead of him. He's brilliant (and that's not just the mom in me talking), fit, athletic, and totally adorable. I just can't believe it's happening so fast. GB decided to comfort me by reminding me that soon he will have his Senior Ball and be graduating. Thanks a lot. Why not twist the knife a little and tell me soon he'll be moved out, married and have a family of his own. *sigh* What's a mother to do.

Guess I just need to put on a happy face and be encouraging and there for him, it's not easy. Sure does make me appreciate my mom more. Love you mom!

Until next time,
The Blogoholic

0 comments:

Post a Comment