Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wreck This Journal: This is as nice as it will ever look

A few months ago I stumbled upon a website called Wreck This Journal. After reading through the blog, looking at the videos, and checking out the first few pages on Amazon, I knew I HAD to have this book. I have always been a lover of books with a firm belief that books should be carefully cared for. Not this time. This book, you are supposed to mess up!

I headed to a local bookstore and picked up a copy. Here is my fresh from the store still all pretty book.

My son had originally expressed interest in joining me in wrecking a journal, me with the actual book, and him following along in a composition book. He didn't last past the first exercise though. Teenagers. 
So day 1 I filled in my this-book-belongs-to section, which as far as the defacement of books goes, isn't all that defacing. But it isn't like you'd typically find.

 

So, the first step into this new realm of book treatment has went well. Now, here comes the hard part - cracking the spine. WHAT! I have to crack the spine? But I don't like to do that to my books. Deep breath. Ok, that's what this is all about. Letting go. So here goes. Bend...twist...squish...break!

And the results are in, a nicely broken spine and on the first day!


I plan on posting occasional follow-ups on how my wrecking is going. Are you wrecking a journal too? I'd love to know how it's going.

Until next time,
The Blogoholic

0 comments:

Post a Comment